The NoGAPS ( 7th camp) was held in University of Malaya and all I can say about the camp is, it was AWESOME! Well, initially I was kind of reluctant to fork out a total amount of rm200 just for a camp. But now I have no regrets at all because it is worth paying!
I actually met quite a number of young future pharmacist. We all attended the camp for one reason, to gain more EXPOSURE in the world of pharmacy and I truly believe every single of one us have achieved what we hoped for :)
One of the events that I really enjoyed most is the community outreach programme where we travelled all the way to Jinjang Utara (not sure of the exact location, some ulu area). The NoGAPS organized health checkups for the residents there for free where there are blood glucose screening, blood pressure measurement and also prostate cancer diagnosing. I was looking forward to be in the blood glucose or blood pressure screening. Too bad, my group was assigned to be in charge of publicity instead. Well, I was complaining initially, but after patrolling around the area and having the chance to talk to the residents there, the task wasn’t that bad. I realize the residents here are not exposed to health issues. They have no basic knowledge on hypertension or the risk of smoking. It was indeed upsetting when I spoke to an elderly man who totally ignored our offer to measure his hypertension and blood glucose.
Hospital visit is another event in NoGAPS. We visited University Malaya Medical Center (UMMC) where we were exposed to the working environments of a pharmacist.
Also, in the camp, we participated in exciting activities like explorace where we have to run here and there, completing every single task assigned. Tiring though, but we all enjoyed the race J I am quite happy that my group manage to get 2nd place J weee! Besides that, we were assigned to prepare a performance for the ‘Dare to Show’ event. First place in dancing category for my group!Well DONE!
Lastly, the gala dinner was indeed an eye-opening event. Great performances and we all had fun taking photos, knowing that it is time to bid farewell to one another.
It was indeed a memorable experience mingling around with future pharmacists all over Malaysia and from the camp, I am more closer to my goal, to be a successful pharmacist in future :)
Taking this opportunity to thank the committee for putting up a great event :) Also,a big thank you to my group members for working along with me, bringing glory to our group :)
The Inhalers
UMMC visit
Group 9
the 'Viagra'
Cardio drugs
Jinjang Utara
Innocent face *adorable*
Poser!
Missing her so badly :(
Free eye test
Education booth
Dare to SHOW
Forum by MPS
the IMU-ans
a bit of gayness
buddies!
Group 9 - Gala
future pharmacists!

No comments:
Post a Comment